Copy Editing & Writing
Sometimes it is easier to just hand off this painful process of collecting information and organizing the words into copy that sells. Many clients start off trying to use their office staff, only to find out they are not trained in marketing...
|Copy Writing, Books Authored||
$ - $$$
Copy is all the written text in the body and sidebars of a web site. Copy for a web site requires a different style than other mediums to be effective. It is always a good idea to use a web writing specialist who understands the nuances and reader behavior on the Internet to create your site's copy.
Copy development process
- Information research and organization
- Text generation
- Style review, grammar and spelling proofreading
Copy exploration is an information gathering and organization process that provides the source material from which a web site is written. Most research can be accomplished from existing company literature, but interviews, surveys and other means are also used.
Copy exploration tip
- If you do not have a quality collateral library the exploration process will be significantly longer.
- To reduce the cost of a consultant you may want to have someone internally create draft documentation before the copywriter begins.
Copy tasks range from simple brochure prose, to complex Help documents. Our parent company handles all technical communications efforts for our clients; from recruiting staff, to handling project management of a large number of temp writers.
- Plain: always speak in terms your audience will understand.
- Concise: if you want it read keep it brief and scalable.
- Valuable: your message should be personally important to your readers.
- Transparent: your readers should notice your message not your vocabulary.
- Content is the reason people are coming to your site. The higher the quality and more pertinent it is towards their needs the longer they will stay.
* As many clients change websites following our involvement, please close your eyes at the more offensive use of 10 fonts in one paragraph, and other less obvious mistakes...
Select by Media